Recycled Claim Standard (RCS)
- Multiple Focus Areas
- 3rd Party Audited
Multi-Stakeholder Initiative / Business Initiative
Textiles and materials with recycled content
International, voluntary standards that set requirements for third-party certification of recycled input and chain of custody.
- Verifying Recycled Materials: Materials are verified to meet the ISO definition of recycled. Both pre-consumer and post-consumer material is accepted.
- Responsable Production: GRS sites are required to meet strict social and environmental requirements. Chemicals with potential for harm are not permitted to be used on GRS products.
- Confident Communication: Products that meet all requirements may be labelled with the RCS or GRS logo.
- Chain of custody: Certification ensures that the identity of the recycled material is maintained: from the recycler to the final product.
- Credible certification: A professional, third party certification body audits each stage in the supply chain.
- Stakeholder engagement: The RCS and GRS are managed with the input of recyclers, suppliers, and brands and retailers from all parts of the globe.