Get 10% off and be the first
to discover new brands!
After a long flight, you might be tempted to hit the pillow and take a nap. But before you do, consider doing some yoga instead. Yoga is a low-impact exercise that can help ease the physical and mental stress that comes with air travel. Flying can take a toll on the body, resulting in stiffness and discomfort. Luckily, yoga can help alleviate these symptoms and promote well-being.
Here are some of the benefits of doing yoga after a long flight:
- Stretching: Sitting in a cramped airplane seat for hours can leave you feeling stiff and sore. Yoga can help stretch out your muscles and improve your flexibility, which can reduce the risk of injury and improve your overall comfort level.
- Relaxation: Traveling can be stressful, especially if you're dealing with jet lag or culture shock. Yoga is a great way to calm your mind and reduce anxiety. Breathing exercises, meditation, and gentle movements can all help you relax and unwind.
- Circulation: Sitting for long periods of time can also slow down your circulation, which can lead to swelling and other health issues. Certain yoga poses, such as "legs up the wall," can help improve blood flow and reduce the risk of blood clots.
- Energy: When you're traveling, it's important to stay energized and alert. Yoga can help boost your energy levels and improve your mood. Even just a few minutes of yoga can help you feel more awake and focused.
- Immunity: Air travel can expose you to all sorts of germs and bacteria. Yoga can help boost your immune system and keep you healthy. Certain poses, such as "downward-facing dog," can help stimulate your lymphatic system, which is responsible for fighting off infections.
In this article, the author recommends five yoga poses to try after a flight. These include Legs-Up-the-Wall, Downward Facing Dog, Child's Pose with Prayer Hands, Uttanasana, and Lizard Lunge Twist.
If you're interested in incorporating yoga into your post-flight routine, you can find a wide range of yoga products online. Visit The Fair Cottage's online shop for fitness and yoga gear by clicking here. We offer a variety of eco-friendly yoga mats, blocks, and more to enhance your practice.
In conclusion, yoga is the perfect post-flight activity. It can help you stretch out your muscles, relax your mind, improve your circulation, boost your energy, and strengthen your immune system. So the next time you land after a long flight, skip the nap and roll out your yoga mat instead.
You can also join our conscious network and contribute towards change by signing up to our mailing list