Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini Wooler Top Beanie
Natural Animal Fibre
Nature meets technology in a 100% merino wool hat with excellent warmth and breathability. Wear it all year around for skiing, hiking, running or any other activity.
Wooler GridMerino is an extraordinary fabric. It has a technical quality rarely seen in 100% wool fabrics. The grid construction builds a layer of air in the fabric, providing both warmth and breathability. It has high warmth-to-weight ratio and dries quickly.
Wooler GridMerino is produced by Reda in Northern Italy. The wool is 100% ZQ-certified super fine merino 17,5µm from Redas own farms in New Zealand. By owning the entire production chain, Reda can ensure that animal welfare as well as environmental standards are met.
We can recommend Houdini Wooler Top Beanie to anyone looking for a versatile four season 100% merino hat. When your Houdini Wooler Top Beanie is completely worn out we kindly ask you to return it to Houdini for recycling. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Excellent warmth-to-weight ratio
- Natural heat regulation
- Naturally odor resistant
- Grid construction for max air flow
- ZQ-certified merino wool, 17,5µm
- Guaranteed mulesing free
- Renewable and biodegradable
- Weight 32 g
Fabrics and Technology
A new dimension of wool fabric combining super soft merino wool with a technical grid construction.
- Origin: Italy
- 100% merino wool 17,50µm
- Weight: 260 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from New Zeeland
- ZQ traceable wool program
- Certified by EMAS (EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme)
- Vapor and moisture management
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Mechanical stretch
- Naturally odor free
- Technical grid construction
- Warming fleece inside
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Biodegradable label means that the natural fibers in our products are never mixed with synthetics, and we don’t use harmful chemicals. Therefore, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Renewable label means that the fibers in the garment comes from 100% renewable sources, like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Activity||Hiking, Skiing, Snowboarding|