Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Spheric Parka
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Innovation that doesn’t get old, that’s our idea of good design. The Houdini W's Spheric Parka is a Houdini-take on the classic parka. This means we are working with soft, silent and light fabrics to enhance the feeling of comfort. It also means that we reduce the impact of the production by using recycled and recyclable fabrics as well as synthetic padding to avoid down. We don’t believe in hurting birds for our comfort’s sake. Synthetic padding from Primaloft has a similar warmth-to-weight ratio as down and works better in wet conditions.
The outer fabric in the parka is called Spheric 2-layer Hardshell. It’s a recycled and recyclable polyester fabric equipped with our well tested membrane Atmos. Atmos is hydrophilic pure polyester membrane completely free from fluorocarbons, both in the membrane and the water repellent (DWR). Houdini W's Spheric Parka has four front pockets and seven pockets in total. Zippers are water resistant and seams sealed. Vent zippers under arm.
If you’re looking for a personal cocoon to keep you warm in any weather, you’ve found the right jacket. Most people wear it for everyday use, but it’s also a great choice if you want a warmer jacket for skiing or snowboarding.
- DWR-treated, fluorocarbon free
- 100g PrimaLoft® Silver in body
- 80g PrimaLoft® Silver in sleeves
- Water repellent zips
- Fully seamed-sealed
- Storm hood with 2-way adjustment
- Ventilation with zip under arm
- Bellow pockets
- Chest pockets
- Stash pocket and zipped pocket inside
- Made primarily from recycled fibers
- Made in Estonia
Fabrics and Technology
Spheric 2-layer Hardshell™
Supple, soft and silent stretch hardshell. Waterproof, breathable, lightweight and stowable.
- Origin: Japan
- 100% Eco Circle® recycled Polyester
- Atmos™, fluorocarbon free 100% polyester membrane
- Weight: 113 g/sqm
- Breathability; 15,000 g/m2¥24 hrs
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- 2-way stretch
- Delta textured fiber face for durability and stretch
- Soft and silent surface
- DWR finish
- PFAS free
PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft
A highly water repellant, durable and quick drying alternative to down. Exceptional warmth-to weight ratio.
- Origin: Italy
- 100% microfiber Polyester
- Weight: 40 g/sqm, 80 g/sqm, 100 g/sqm
- Bluesign® certified
- Convexion Technology (3D)
- Excellent warmth to weight-ratio
- Soft and compressible
- Highly water resistant
- Migration resistant
- DWR finish
Our padded garments are made with synthetic insulation from Primaloft. There are many advantages to a synthetic padding compared to down: You don't have to tumble dry the garment with balls to regain the shape, it dries faster and it doesn't smell when it's damp.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don't want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Labels & Certifications||Bluesign|