Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Rhythm Jacket
- PFC's Free DWR
PFC's free Durable Water Repellent
What it means?
PFC free means that clothes do not contain perfluorocarbons, or PFCs for short. PFC are exceptionally good at repelling water, dirt and oil. As a result, they became widely used in durable water repellent (DWR) treatments for outdoor clothing and equipment.
Type of fabric
PFC's free fabrics can be achieved combining diverse technologies and materials
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Houdini W's Rhythm Jacket is the ultimate all-round 3L shell jacket - reliable, durable, comfortable and versatile. Waterproofness and breathability in a perfect combination. Designed to perform in harsh conditions on the mountain but just as well in the urban environment when you need protection.
Made primarily from recycled fibers, recyclable, fluorocarbon free and Bluesign®-certified, the Rhythm Jacket also pushes the development in terms of minimizing environmental impact. Therefore, when it's finally worn out, you can bring it back to Houdini for either recycling or to be sold in our second hand store.
- Pre-bent sleeves with velcro closure for maximum freedom of movement
- Fluorocarbon free
- Made primarily from recycled fibers & recyclable
- Water repellent zips
- Fully sealed seams minimize water intrusion
Fabrics and Technology
A durable fabric with mechanical stretch for high comfort. Tough and silent with a dull and smooth face. Waterproof, breathable, ripstop construction with good abrasion resistance.
- 70% Recycled polyester 30% Polyester
- High density fibers for high durability
- Mechanical 2-way stretch
- DWR finish, Fluorocarbon-Free
- Made in Estonia
Shell jackets with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Activity||Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Snowboarding|
- Houdini W's Fall in ParkaAs low as €650.00
- Houdini Alto Mitten GlovesAs low as €45.00
- Houdini W's DeSoli 3/4 TightsAs low as €80.00
- Houdini W's BFF PantsAs low as €280.00
- Houdini W's Mono Air HalfzipAs low as €180.00
- Houdini W's Mono Air JacketAs low as €190.00
- Houdini M's MTM Thrill Twill PantsAs low as €140.00
- Houdini M's Mono Air JacketAs low as €190.00