Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Out And About Shirt
Natural Animal Fibre
Timeless looks and versatile functionality, that’s the foundation of the Houdini design philosophy. We want to create garments that can be used for any type of activity and will keep you company many years to come. Houdini W's Out And About Shirt is a great example of this.
The garment is made in Cham Treemerino, a 49% merino wool and 51% Tencel blend. The wool is from Australia (mulesing free) and the Tencel is EU Ecolabel from Austria. This fabric will provide good insulation but also has a cool touch if worn next to skin on a hot day. Tencel also provides great moisture wicking.
Our Houdini W's Out And About Shirt is a great choice if you’re looking for a versatile shirt for adventure all year around. Works perfectly for hiking, insulation under a shell jacket or simply as an everyday garment.
- Regular Fit
- Great next-to-skin comfort
- Softer than plain merino
- Natural moisture management
- 51%Tencel, 49% Merino wool 18.9µm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia
- Tencel® from Austria with EU Ecolabel
- Renewable and biodegradable fibers
- Weight: 188 g/sqm
- Made in Portugal
- Weight 325 g
Fabrics and Technology
This light chambray material in Merino wool and Tencel® mix gives you superior comfort and softness. The natural properties of the materials provides a light and cooling comfort for hot days with superior moisture management , but still keeps you warm when it gets chilly.
- Origin: Taiwan
- 51% Lyocell Tencel® 49% merino wool 18.9µm
- Weight: 188 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia, lyocell Tencel® from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- Natural vapor and moisture management
- Softer than plain merino
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Light and soft material
- Naturally odor free
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Biodegradable label means that the natural fibers in our products are never mixed with synthetics, and we don’t use harmful chemicals. Therefore, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Renewable label means that the fibers in the garment comes from 100% renewable sources, like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.