Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's One Parka
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- PFC's Free DWR
PFC's free Durable Water Repellent
What it means?
PFC free means that clothes do not contain perfluorocarbons, or PFCs for short. PFC are exceptionally good at repelling water, dirt and oil. As a result, they became widely used in durable water repellent (DWR) treatments for outdoor clothing and equipment.
Type of fabric
PFC's free fabrics can be achieved combining diverse technologies and materials
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
There’s no better way to stay dry in the pouring rain. Houdini W's One Parka is a waterproof and breathable 2,5-layer shell parka, guaranteed to keep you dry all year around. With a classic, longer cut you will be sheltered even from the worst sideways rainstorms.
Taking a classic garment and redesigning it with a layer of extra functionality or smartness is a known recipe for a Houdini garment. The classic parka was designed by the US military and popularized by the British mods culture. In our contemporary version, we have removed the lining and created a cutting edge shell jacket. This way, you can use it all year around without being too hot in the summer. Just layer up from the inside when you use it in wintertime. Houdini Add-in Jacket is the perfect insulation to go underneath One Parka.
Houdini W's One Parka is made in durable Mission Hardshell, a waterproof and breathable shell fabric. It’s made from recycled polyester and is fully recyclable. The fabric can stand years of wear and tear and works just as fine on a rainy day in the city as on rough days in the mountains. Both the membrane and water repellent are completely free from harmful fluorocarbons. High performance does not have to come at the cost of a high environmental impact.
If you are looking for a cozy raincoat to keep you dry in the roughest weather, One Parka is your match. If you layer up underneath, it will keep you warm all through winter and we can even recommend bringing it to the ski slopes when the conditions are wet.
This garment is recyclable and we kindly ask you to return it to us when it’s completely worn out.
- Relaxed fit
- Hidden elastic in cuff
- Bottom hem pleat for movement
- Large, adjustable hood
- 2 side pockets and inner pocket
- 100% recycled and recyclable fabric
- Weight 518 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Mission Hardshell
Waterproof and breathable 2,5L hardshell. A fabric with high preformance and soft touch.
- Origin: Japan
- 100% recycled polyester
- Atmos™, 100% Polyester membrane
- Weight: 165 g/sqm
- Breathability; 20,000 g/m2/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- High durability
- Fluorocarbon-Free water repellency treatment
- Bluesign® certified
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
Shell jackets with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Labels & Certifications||Bluesign|
- Houdini M's Moonwalk JacketAs low as €320.00
- Houdini Wool Liner GlovesAs low as €35.00
- Houdini W's Pitch JacketAs low as €250.00
- Houdini W's Trail VestAs low as €120.00
- Houdini W's Duffy SkirtAs low as €90.00
- Houdini W's Lana JacketAs low as €600.00
- Houdini W's Mix Mid TightsAs low as €70.00
- Houdini Activist BalaclavaAs low as €50.00