Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Moonwalk Jacket
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
What makes it special?
Houdini W's Moonwalk Jacket is designed to provide warmth and comfort for high pace activities in the mountains. The balance between light, breathable fabrics over back and arms in combination with the weather protective ripstop over your chest and shoulders create a garment that can be worn both as a mid-layer and outer layer. It’s the ultimate garment when you need warmth but don’t want to compromise on breathability.
How does it work?
Houdini W's Moonwalk Jacket is made in a light, warm and extremely comfortable combination of fabrics. The jacket is padded with Primaloft® Gold Active+, the best synthetic insulation on the market with a great warmth-to-weight ratio, high packability and the ability to stay warm even when wet. The face is a combination of two materials: Spinner Ripstop over chest and shoulders is a light, durable fabric that effectively stops the wind. The C9 Ripstop that covers the back and arms is a light, soft and highly breathable fabric that effectively transports excess warmth and moisture away from your body. Protection and breathability just where you need it. That’s the concept of Women's Moonwalk Jacket.
What should I use it for?
Women's Moonwalk Jacket is a highly versatile garment that can be used in many different situations and climates, but the sweet spot is high pace activities in cold weather. Ski touring, mountaineering, cross country skiing, snowshoeing. Wear just a base layer underneath and you have a perfect garment for activities when you want warmth but also need high breathability. It also works as an insulation jacket underneath a shell jacket or winter coat.
This garment is recyclable and we kindly ask you to return it to Houdini when it’s fully worn out. We can recycle the materials and make sure nothing goes to waste!
- Padded with Primaloft® Gold Active+ 40g
- Light, warm and highly breathable
- Fluorocarbon free water repellency treatment
- Adjustable hood and bottom hem
- Hand pockets with ventilation mesh
- 2-way front zipper
- Primarily recycled and fully recyclable fabrics
- Weight women’s medium 374 g
- Fabrics made in Japan and Taiwan
- Padding made in China
- Garment produced in Latvia
Fabrics and Technology
Face fabric: C9 Ripstop™
Ultralight yet durable woven fabric with fantastic breathability and next-to-skin comfort.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% Eco Circle® recycled polyester, 30% polyester
- Weight: 65 g/sqm
- Excellent air permeability
- Soft next-to-skin comfort
- Dull and silent surface
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
Lining: Lite Breather
A plain woven fabric that gives you comfort next to skin.
- Origin: Taiwan
- 100% recycled polyester
- Weight: 79 g/sqm
- Excellent air permeability
- Soft touch
- Good moisture management
- Bluesign® certified
Padding: Primaloft® Gold Active +
A highly water repellant, durable and quick drying alternative to down. Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Origin: China
- 55% recycled polyester, 45% polyester
- Weight: 40 g/sqm, 60 g/sqm
- Excellent warmth to weight-ratio
- Soft and compressible
- Highly water resistant
- Migration resistant
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
- Bluesign® certified Recyclable
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Iron on low heat.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Labels & Certifications||Bluesign|