Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Bouncer Jacket
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
What makes it special?
Houdini W's Bouncer Jacket is the Houdini interpretation of an extra everything expedition style insulation jacket. Maximum warmth at minimum weight, that’s the basic idea, but The Houdini design team has put a massive effort into the little details that makes the garment feel better to wear: The stretchy, smooth and silent fabric, the heat barriers at all exposure points, the exquisite Primaloft® Rise padding. It also follows the top standard for Houdini sustainability: Recycled and recyclable, fluorocarbon free and made without stealing the feathers off any birds.
How does it work?
The key feature of Houdini W's Bouncer Jacket is the high grade of insulation and the low weight. This is made possible by the all-new padding Primaloft® Black Insulation Rise, a state-of-the-art synthetic padding featuring a completely new structure that allows us to build more loft than ever before. And more fluff means more warmth. It is also made from 80% recycled contents and is fully recyclable. We use synthetic padding from Primaloft® because of the performance benefits, but also because we don’t believe in keeping birds for their feathers. Keeping living beings caged up so that we can roam the great outdoors simply feels wrong. Especially when modern technology does the job better. Women's Bouncer Jacket is made of two fabrics: Surpass 2.5 Hardshell and Spinner Ripstop. The waterproof shell fabric over your chest, head and shoulders. The light, highly breathable ripstop over your back and stomach. This creates the perfect balance between weather protection and inner microclimate.
What should I use it for?
Women's Bouncer Jacket is made to keep you warm when the winds blow and temperature drops well below freezing. The durable construction in combination with the lightweight warmth and weather protection is designed for demanding adventures and high alpine environments. Climbing expeditions, alpine skiing and long, weather exposed winter days.
This garment is recyclable and we kindly ask you to return it to Houdini at the end of its lifetime. We can use the materials to create new products, eliminate waste and save our planet’s precious resources. Houdini recycling units can be found in all Houdini stores and at many retailers.
- Padded with Primaloft Rise 300g, 200g and 133g
- Waterproof Surpass 2,5 layer Hardshell over chest, head and shoulders
- Light and breathable Spinner Ripstop over back and stomach
- Heat barriers at all exposure points
- Helmet compatible, adjustable hood
- Extended storm flap over front zipper
- Lined hand warmer pockets
- Hidden chest pocket
- Recycled and recyclable materials
- Fluorocarbon free water repellency treatment
- Weight women’s medium: 960 g
- Face fabrics made in Japan and Taiwan
- Padding made in China
- Garment produced in Latvia
Fabrics and Technology
Main fabric: Spheric 2-layer Hardshell™
Supple, soft and silent stretch hardshell. Waterproof, breathable, lightweight and stowable.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% Eco Circle® recycled polyester, 30% polyester
- Atmos™, 100% polyester membrane
- Weight: 110 g/sqm
- Breathability; 15,000 g/m²/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- 2-way stretch
- Textures delta fiber face for durability and stretch
- Soft and silent surface
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
Lining: Spinner Ripstop™
High density ripstop polyester. Water repellant, highly wind resistant, ultralight and stowable.
- Origin: Taiwan
- 100% recycled polyester
- Bluesign® certified
- Weight: 37g/sqm
- Ripstop construction for durability
- High density microfibers with 22D*22D
- Highly wind resistant
- Cired backside
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-Free
Padding: PrimaLoft® Black Insulation Rise
A sustainable and high performing alternative to down. Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio and ultimate loft that stays fluffy even when wet.
- Origin: China
- 80% recycled polyester 20% polyester
- Weight: 300 g/sqm
- Excellent warmth to weight-ratio
- Soft and compressible
- High loft that keeps fluffy in all conditions
- Bluesign® certified
Our padded garments are made with synthetic insulation from Primaloft. There are many advantages to a synthetic padding compared to down: You don't have to tumble dry the garment with balls to regain the shape, it dries faster and it doesn't smell when it's damp.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don't want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Labels & Certifications||Bluesign|