Get 10% off and be the first
to discover new brands!
Houdini W's BFF Jacket
- PFC's Free DWR
PFC's free Durable Water Repellent
What it means?
PFC free means that clothes do not contain perfluorocarbons, or PFCs for short. PFC are exceptionally good at repelling water, dirt and oil. As a result, they became widely used in durable water repellent (DWR) treatments for outdoor clothing and equipment.
Type of fabric
PFC's free fabrics can be achieved combining diverse technologies and materials
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Your best friend on a rainy day. Meet Houdini W's BFF Jacket, a waterproof and breathable shell jacket in a minimalistic form. It’s the perfect four season adventure buddy and works for everything from hiking, kayaking to even ski touring.
BFF Jacket is called best friends forever because it’s designed to be your everyday adventure partner. The waterproof and breathable shell will keep you sheltered from both summer rains and winter blizzards. It’s made from recycled and recyclable polyester and both the membrane and the water repellent are completely fluorocarbon free. The robust and repairable construction will last for many years and puts the forever in BFF.
The jacket is made in waterproof and breathable Surpass 2.5L Hardshell™. It’s a wind- and waterproof shell fabric that is both light, silent and stretchy. Together with the cut, this fabric gives the jacket full freedom of movement and unparalleled comfort. BFF Jacket has an adjustable hood and bottom hem, zippered armpit ventilations, front pockets and articulated sleeves with velcro closures. The jacket is fully seam sealed and has water repellent zippers.
If you are looking for a soft, silent and light waterproof jacket that will keep you comfortable for many, many years, this is definitely what you’re looking for.
When it is finally worn out, please bring it back to Houdini for recycling. The raw material in a worn-out jacket is not trash, but can be made into new garments. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Regular fit
- Fully seam sealed
- Water repellent zippers
- Fluorocarbon free water repellent
- Adjustable hood and bottom hem
- Zippered arm pit ventilation
- Velcro closure at sleeve endings
- Pockets compatible with backpack straps
- Recycled and recyclable fabric
- Fluorocarbon free membrane
- Weight 342 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Surpass 2.5-L Hardshell™
Supple, soft and silent stretch hardshell. Waterproof, breathable, lightweight and stowable 2.5-layer hardshell fabric.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% Eco Circle® recycled polyester, 30% polyester
- Atmos™, 100% polyester membrane
- Weight: 113 g/sqm
- Breathability; 15,000 g/m2/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- 2-way stretch
- Smooth and durable face
- Soft and silent surface
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
Shell jackets with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Activity||Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Snowboarding|
- Houdini Outright BeanieAs low as €35.00
- Houdini M's Aerial PantsAs low as €160.00
- Houdini Alto BeanieAs low as €45.00
- Houdini Mr Dunfri JacketAs low as €290.00
- Houdini W's DaybreakerAs low as €190.00
- Houdini All Weather T-Neck T-ShirtAs low as €180.00
- Houdini W's Aerial PantsAs low as €160.00
- Houdini M's Outright HoodieAs low as €190.00