Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Aerial Pants
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Sometimes we find a fabric that almost designs a garment for us. The Flux Weave is a fabric made from 85% recycled polyester and 15% virgin polyester. It has all the benefits of a synthetic performance fabric. It is light, stretchy, quick-drying and very tough. But it also has the touch and feel of a natural fabric: A living structure, softness and pleasant breathability.
This fabric has then been cut in a timeless, minimalistic form that works in any context. If you prefer to get your Houdini W's Aerial Pants dirty in the woods or keep them clean at the office is up to you. The light, tough fabric and versatile cut will handle both with ease. Hidden drawcords make it easy to tighten the leg endings over climbing shoes or hiking boots.
We can highly recommend Houdini W's Aerial Pants to anyone that is looking for a pair of pants with all the functional benefits of a performance garment in a clean, minimalistic form.
When your Houdini W's Aerial Pants are worn out, please don’t throw them away. They are designed for circularity and the material can be recycled and used again. Return them to a Houdini recycling unit in one of our stores or at selected retailers.
- Regular tapered fit
- Light fabric with an open structure
- High breathability
- Hidden security pocket with zipper
- Adjustable leg endings
- Belt loops
- Fabric is made in 85% recycled fibers
- Fabric is fully recyclable
- Weight women's medium: 276 g
- Fabric produced in Japan
- Garment produced in Portugal
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Flux Weave
A unique fabric with all the benefits of a synthetic performance fabric: It is light, stretchy, quick-drying and very tough. But it also has the touch and feel of a natural fabric: A living structure, softness and pleasant breathability.
- Origin: Japan
- 85% recycled polyester 15% polyester
- Weight: 165 g/sqm
- Wicking finish
- Quick dry
- Linen touch spun polyester
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
- Do not iron.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.