Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Activist T-Shirt
Natural Animal Fibre
Have we finally created the perfect everyday t-shirt? Try on this comfortable and versatile Houdini W's Activist T-Shirt made from our soft merino wool and Tencel and find out. The breathable and quick drying fabric provides a layer of perfectly tempered air that works just as well on your ski trip as it does on a warm summer day.
We at Houdini believe that you should be able to wear fewer products that still fills several different purposes. We want to advocate a more minimalistic lifestyle by not contributing to the overconsumption. We asked ourselves if it is possible to create a t-shirt that you can wear during your morning workout session and then take the same t-shirt to work.
The comfortable merino wool together with biodegradable Tencel fibres does not only make the fabric super soft, but also odor resistant and quick drying. Seams are placed in areas where they will not bother you, which gives you the feeling of wearing almost nothing. The efficient breathability keeps you at a pleasant temperature.
Use it as layering on cold days in the slopes or as a casual fitted t-shirt as you are sipping ice coffee on warm summer days. The natural performance that this regular fitted t-shirt provides looks as good with a pair of jeans as it does with running tights. Simply put, we believe that it is indeed possible to wear one t-shirt for everything.
- Regular fit
- Renewable and biodegradable fibres
- Circular product lifecycle
- Natural anti-odor performance
- Cap sleeve for better movement
- Effective moisture management
- Softer than plain merino
- Back drop
- Weight: 132 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Activist Treemerino™ wool
Optimal organic solution for the future. A combination of merino wool and lyocell from Tencel® provides a softer touch than plain merino and an effective moisture management. Tencel® also increase the durability of the farbic while the merino wool transports moisture away from the skin and prevents odor in a natural way.
- Origin: Sweden
- 60% merino wool 20µ, 40% lyocell Tencel®
- Weight: 170 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia and South Africa
- Tencel® Lyocell from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- Organic wool and cellulosic based renewable fiber
- Softer than plain merino
- Vapor and moisture management
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Mechanical stretch
- Natural odor control
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Biodegradable label means that the natural fibers in our products are never mixed with synthetics, and we don’t use harmful chemicals. Therefore, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Renewable label means that the fibers in the garment comes from 100% renewable sources, like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.