Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Activist Crew
Natural Animal Fibre
All natural base layer for the everyday activist. Houdini W's Activist Crew is a light, warm and soft base layer for any outdoor activity. Wear it for skiing, hiking, bicycle commuting or simply to make your everyday life a little warmer.
The Activist garments are real workhorses. The base layers are designed for high versatility and maximal comfort. The fit is not too tight which makes the Houdini W's Activist Crew an excellent everyday companion. The idea behind Activist was to design a base layer that could never go wrong, regardless of situation or activity.
The fabric is a soft, light and cozy blend of merino wool and Tencel made in Sweden. Merino wool is nature’s own performance material and excellent at keeping you at a comfortable temperature even if it’s wet. Wool is also naturally odor resistant. Tencel is a natural fiber based on cellulose. It provides a moisture wicking quality and gives the fabric a great texture. To ensure a completely circular product, we never mix natural and synthetic fibers in our products. Houdini W's Activist Crew is completely circular and can be recycled or broken down by nature in a compost.
All in all, Houdini W's Activist Crew is a great choice if you are looking for an everyday base layer to wear to both the ski slopes or the bicycle commute. After many years of adventure, when the product is completely worn out, please return it to Houdini for recycling.
- Regular fit
- Light and soft
- Moisture wicking
- Naturally odor resistant
- Made in merino wool 20µm and Tencel®
- Mulesing free wool
- Organic EU Ecolabel certified Tencel
- Renewable and biodegradable fibres
- Weight 156 g
Fabrics and Technology
Activist Treemerino™ wool
Optimal organic solution for the future. A combination of merino wool and lyocell from Tencel® provides a softer touch than plain merino and an effective moisture management. Tencel® also increase the durability of the farbic while the merino wool transports moisture away from the skin and prevents odor in a natural way.
- Origin: Sweden
- 60% merino wool 20µ, 40% lyocell Tencel®
- Weight: 170 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia and South Africa
- Tencel® Lyocell from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- Organic wool and cellulosic based renewable fiber
- Softer than plain merino
- Vapor and moisture management
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Mechanical stretch
- Natural odor control
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Biodegradable label means that the natural fibers in our products are never mixed with synthetics, and we don’t use harmful chemicals. Therefore, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Renewable label means that the fibers in the garment comes from 100% renewable sources, like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Activity||Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Snowboarding, Trekking|