Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's Wooler Houdi
Natural Animal Fibre
The fabric Wooler GridMerino has a technical quality and precision rarely seen in 100% wool fabrics. The Houdini design team almost couldn’t believe it was pure wool when they found it. The fabric is produced by Reda in Northern Italy and the wool is super fine ZQ-certified New Zealand merino 17,5µm. To ensure full control of working conditions and animal welfare, Reda own the entire production chain, from farm to finished fabric.
The cut is based on Houdini’s iconic Power Houdi, with a high collar, hood and two hand pockets. The grid construction of the fabric makes air flow easily and builds a layer of air. This means the fabric becomes warmer when you wear it underneath a jacket and breathes better when worn on it’s own. The pure material makes the fabric completely circular: Renewable and biodegradable.
Houdini M's Wooler Houdi is a great choice if you’re looking for a versatile, thin mid-layer to wear all year around for many different activities. A good alternative to fleece made from synthetic materials.
When your Wooler Houdi is completely worn out we kindly ask you to return it to Houdini for recycling. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Excellent warmth-to-weight ratio
- Natural heat regulation
- Naturally odor resistant
- Grid construction for max air flow
- High collar with hood and zip garage
- 2-way front zip
- Hidden drawstring in bottom hem
- Zippered side pockets
- ZQ-certified merino wool, 17,5µm
- Guaranteed mulesing free
- Weight: 260g/sqm
- Renewable and biodegradable
- Made in Portugal
- Weight 415 g
Fabrics and Technology
A new dimension of wool fabric combining super soft merino wool with a technical grid construction.
- Origin: Italy
- 100% merino wool 17,50µm
- Weight: 260 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from New Zeeland
- ZQ traceable wool program
- Certified by EMAS (EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme)
- Vapor and moisture management
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Mechanical stretch
- Naturally odor free
- Technical grid construction
- Warming fleece inside
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Biodegradable label means that the natural fibers in our products are never mixed with synthetics, and we don’t use harmful chemicals. Therefore, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Renewable label means that the fibers in the garment comes from 100% renewable sources, like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.