Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's Rollercoaster Pants
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
With Houdini's most advanced hard shell-series the goal was to change the experience of wearing a shell layer. To achieve a feeling of full freedom of movement, the basic principles of garment cutting had to be brought into question. With the Houdini M's Rollercoaster Pants, the Houdini design team draped the garments from a single piece of fabric on a body to replicate the movements of mountaineering and freeride skiing - it's Made to move.
The Houdini M's Rollercoaster Pants has all features of a top-of-the-line shell pant, but still doesn't overdo it with pockets and technology - instead, it's the garment cutting that makes it leader of the pack. This bib pant is stretchy, soft and silent to further enhance the feeling of being completely unrestricted. Go ski-touring in the morning, hit the fun park in the afternoon and finish off the week with a couple of routes of ice-climbing and let the Rollercoaster Pants keep you dry and fresh through it all.
With fully sealed seams and concealed waterproof zippers - water intrusion is minimized. When going up the mountain in warm spring sunshine, 3/4-lenght vent zippers can be opened in the back to cool you down. Harness-compatible pockets at lower thigh keep maps and ski passes safe while valuables are stored in an internal zipped pocket. The smooth feel overall is contrasted by tough Scholler reinforcements in leg endings to deal with any wear and tear from skis or boots.
Made primarily from recycled fibers, recyclable, fluorocarbon free and Bluesign®-certified, the Rollercoaster Pant also pushes the development in terms of minimizing environmental impact. Therefore, when they're finally worn out, you can bring them back to Houdini for either recycling or to be sold in our second hand store.
- Designed with Made to move-technology
- Fluorocarbon free
- Made from recycled & recyclable fibers
- Fully seam sealed
- Concealed water repellent zippers
- Snow gaiters at leg endings
- Velcro adjustment at waist
- Adjustable suspenders hold the pant in place
- Harness-compatible zipper pockets at lower thigh Internal zipped pocket for valuables
- Schoeller reinforcements in leg ending
- Weight 650 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Loop Hardshell™
A durable fabric with mechanical stretch for high comfort. Tough and silent with a dull and smooth face. Waterproof, breathable, ripstop construction with good abrasion resistance.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% recycled polyester, 30% polyester face fabric
- Atmos™, 100% Polyester membrane
- 100% polyester jersey backing fabric
- Weight: 169g/sqm
- Breathability; 20,000 g/m2/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- High density fibers for high durability
- Mechanical 2-way stretch
- DWR finish, Fluorocarbon-Free
- Bluesign® certified
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
Shell pants with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Labels & Certifications||Bluesign|