Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's Purpose Pants
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Shell pants designed to last. Houdini M's Purpose Pants are durable and versatile shell pants that excel on the mountain but work just as well for everyday adventures. Waterproof and breathable. Recycled and recyclable.
Houdini M's Purpose Pants are designed to last, both in terms of style, functionality and quality. The pants have a timeless look and is produced in Apex 3 layer Hardshell, our most durable shell layer fabric. In case of an accident, Purpose Pants are designed to be easy to repair. The essence of a sustainable product is to use it a lot for a long time, and the Purpose Pant are specifically designed for that.
Apex 3L Hardshell is a very durable, waterproof and breathable shell fabric that is produced with recycled and recyclable fibers. The membrane is our well tested Atmos, a pure polyester membrane free from fluorocarbons. The water repellent is also completely free from fluorocarbons.
The leg endings are reinforced with Schoeller® and equipped with snow gaiters. The waist has velcro adjustments. To get in and out of them easily and for quick ventilation, Purpose Pants have ¾ zippers on the outside of the legs.
If you are looking for a versatile shell pant that you can use both on a ski trip and when you walk your dog on a cold winter day, we can highly recommend theHoudini M's Purpose Pants. When they are finally worn out we kindly ask you to return them to us for recycling. We have recycle units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Designed with Made to Move technique
- Waterproof and breathable
- Fluorocarbon free
- Made from recycled and recyclable fibers
- Sealed seams to minimize water intrusion
- 3/4 length water repellent zip vents
- Snow gaiters at leg endings
- Velcro adjustment at waist
- Harness-compatible leg pockets
- Schoeller® reinforcements at leg endings
- Weight 710 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Apex 3L Hardshell™
High density woven fabric with a smooth, abrasion resistant face and an ultra light friction free inside. Waterproof, breathable, with good abrasion resistance.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% Eco Circle® recycled polyester, 30% polyester face fabric
- Atmos™, 100% polyester membrane
- 100% polyester jersey backing fabric
- Weight: 195 g/sqm
- Breathability; 15,000 g/m2/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
Shell pants with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|