Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's One Parka
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
The ultimate way to stay dry in rough weather. Houdini M's One Parka is a waterproof and breathable 2,5-layer shell parka that will keep you sheltered in any weather all year around. A classic, longer parka cut will protect you from any sideways rain- or snowfall.
When we design our products, we often start in a timeless garment and then redesign it with an extra layer of smartness. The classic parka was designed by the US military and then popularized by the British mods culture. In our interpretation, we have removed the lining and created a cutting edge shell garment. This way you can use the garment all year around, even in the summer. Just layer up from the inside and you can wear it on the coldest winter days.
Houdini M's One Parka is made in Mission Hardshell, a waterproof and breathable shell fabric, made in recycled and recyclable polyester. The fabric is incredibly durable and serve you just as well on rainy days in the city as mountain adventures. Both membrane and water repellent is completely free from harmful fluorocarbons. High performance should never come at the price of a high environmental impact.
If you are looking for a cozy raincoat to keep you dry in any rough weather, we can highly recommend One Parka. If you layer up with something warm underneath it will keep you comfortable all through winter. Don’t be afraid to bring it to the ski slopes when the weather is rough.
This garment is recyclable and we kindly ask you to return it to us when it’s completely worn out.
- Relaxed fit
- Hidden elastic in cuff
- Bottom hem pleat for movement
- Large, adjustable hood
- 2 side pockets and inner pocket
- 100% recycled and recyclable fabric
- Weight 570 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Mission Hardshell
Waterproof and breathable 2,5L hardshell. A fabric with high preformance and soft touch.
- Origin: Japan
- 100% recycled polyester
- Atmos™, 100% Polyester membrane
- Weight: 165 g/sqm
- Breathability; 20,000 g/m2/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- High durability
- Fluorocarbon-Free water repellency treatment
- Bluesign® certified
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
Shell jackets with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Labels & Certifications||Bluesign|