Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's Motion Top Pants
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Houdini M's Motion Top Pants are an upgraded version of Motion Pants, a beloved Houdini classic. The design department kept the best of Motion Pants: The slim fit, versatile functionality and fantastic fabric. We added double leg pockets and improved the fit around the waist. Houdini M's Motion Top Pants are a true adventure multitool: Perfect for hiking, climbing and mountaineering in the summer. In the winter they are an excellent garment for cross country skiing or ice skating.
Houdini M's Motion Top Pants are made in Motion Comfortshell, a single layer stretchy softshell with great breathability. We have used Motion Comfortshell for many years and it’s one of our toughest fabrics that can stand many years of hard use. The fabric is treated with a fluorocarbon free water repellent and made in a blend of 75% recycled polyester and 25% virgin polyester. It’s fully recyclable.
If you are looking for a pair of light, strong and technical outdoor pants for demanding adventures all year around, Men's Motion Top Pants are a great choice.
This garment is recyclable so please don’t throw it away when it’s worn out. Return the garment to a Houdini recycling unit, located in Houdini stores and at many retailers. The resources are valuable and can be used for new products.
- Slim fit
- Wind and water resistant
- Fluorocarbon free water repellent
- Double zippered side pockets
- Gusset to adjust bottom of leg
- Drawcord at bottom of legs
- Belt loops
- Made from 75% recycled fibers
- Fully recyclable
- Weight men's large: 466 g
- Fabric produced in Japan
- Garment produced in Portugal
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Motion Comfortshell™
Single layer stretchy softshell with great next-to-skin comfort and high breathability. We have used Motion Comfortshell for many years and it’s one of our toughest fabrics that can stand many years of hard use. The fabric is treated with a fluorocarbon free water repellent.
- Origin: Japan
- 75% recycled polyester 25% polyester
- Weight: 225 g/sqm
- 1 layer softshell
- 2-way stretch
- Durable high density face
- Good balance between wind resistance and air permeability
- Soft twill construction inside
- Moisture management performance
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
- Do not iron.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|