Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's Daybreaker Jacket
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Making garments that last long, both in terms of quality and style, is central in the Houdini design philosophy and Daybreaker is no exception. The jacket is made in a light, very durable polyester ripstop. A combination of low weight, light weather protection and high breathability makes it very versatile.
Houdini M's Daybreaker Jacket is like a multi tool. It works just as great in the city as in the mountains. We always design multi-functional garments that let you live a more minimalistic life. More adventures and smaller wardrobes, that’s the goal. Houdini M's Daybreaker is a great choice for hiking, biking or just for everyday use.
The jacket is made from 38% recycled fibers and has a fluorocarbon free DWR-treatment. It’s also recyclable, so we kindly ask you to return it to us when it’s completely worn out. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Regular fit
- Wind and water resistant
- Durable ripstop fabric
- Made from 38% recycled and fully recyclable fibers
- Fluorocarbon free DWR-treatment
- Regular fit
- Weight 374 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Prime Ripstop™
Durable ripstop construction with mechanical stretch. This fabric has the perfect combination between air permeability and wind resistance.
- Origin: Taiwan
- 62% polyester 38% recycled polyester
- Weight: 177 g/sqm
- Mechanical stretch
- Soft hand
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
- Bluesign® certified
Softshell or single layer shells are garments with a water repellent surface, but without a membrane.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Do make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric's breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak though the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don't want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Labels & Certifications||Bluesign|
|Activity||Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Snowboarding|