Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's BFF Jacket
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Your best friend on a rainy day. Houdini M's BFF Jacket is a minimalistic waterproof and breathable shell made in a light, soft and stretchy fabric. It’s your perfect companion all year around for hiking, kayaking or even ski touring and mountaineering.
BFF stands for best friends forever and the jacket is designed to be your everyday adventure buddy all year around. The waterproof and breathable 2,5 layer shell will keep both summer rains and snow storms out. A robust and repairable construction that will last many years puts the forever in BFF.
BFF Jacket is made in Surpass 2.5L Hardshell™, a recycled and recyclable polyester fabric. It’s wind- and waterproof, highly breathable, light, soft and stretchy. Combined with a precise cut, you will have full freedom of movement and stay comfortable in any condition. BFF Jacket has an adjustable hood and bottom hem, zippered armpit ventilations, front pockets, and articulated sleeves with velcro closures.
BFF Jacket is a great choice if you are looking for a light and versatile shell jacket that will keep you company for many years.
This product is recyclable, so please bring it back to Houdini for recycling when it’s completely worn out. This way we eliminate waste and can use the raw material for new products. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Regular fit
- Wind- and waterproof
- Fully seam sealed
- Water repellent zippers
- Fluorocarbon free water repellent
- Adjustable hood and bottom hem
- Zippered arm pit ventilation
- Velcro closure at sleeve endings
- Pockets compatible with backpack straps
- Recycled and recyclable fabric
- Fluorocarbon free membrane
- Weight 368 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Surpass 2.5-L Hardshell™
Supple, soft and silent stretch hardshell. Waterproof, breathable, lightweight and stowable 2.5-layer hardshell fabric.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% Eco Circle® recycled polyester, 30% polyester
- Atmos™, 100% polyester membrane
- Weight: 113 g/sqm
- Breathability; 15,000 g/m2/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- 2-way stretch
- Smooth and durable face
- Soft and silent surface
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
Shell jackets with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Activity||Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Snowboarding|