Get 10% off and be the first
to discover new brands!
Houdini M's Alto Half Zip Fleece
Natural Animal Fibre
Let nature keep you warm. Houdini M's Alto Half Zip Fleece is made in a fabric called Woolly Treemerino™, a Swedish made warm, stretchy and lightweight fabric in merino wool and Tencel® Lyocell. Tencel® is a fiber made from cellulose that gives the fabric structure and better moisture transmission. Merino wool provides warmth and is naturally odor resistant. Together they make up a garment that is both highly functional and completely biodegradable.
Creating performance mid-layers has always been a special focus at Houdini. This all-natural wool fleece will keep you warm on any adventure. Layer it under your shell jacket for skiing, wear it on it’s own for an autumn hike or let it keep you warm after a chilly surf session. And don’t be fooled by the fuzzy appearance. Houdini M's Alto Half Zip Fleece is a technical all natural fleece jacket that will perform in tough conditions.
Please don’t throw away this garment when it’s worn out. Alto Halfzip is made from renewable and biodegradable fibers. The raw materials are valuable and can be used again through recycling or composting. Bring it back to a Houdini shop or one of our retailers that has a Houdini recycling unit.
- Regular fit
- Soft, stretchy and warm
- Great next-to-skin comfort
- Highly breathable
- Natural odor resistance
- Made in 60% merino wool 20µm, 40% Tencel®
- Mulesing free wool from Australia and South Africa
- EU Ecolabel Tencel® made in Austria
- Renewable, biodegradable and recyclable
- Weight: 522 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Woolly TreeMerino
Warm, fluffy and soft merino wool fleece made only with natural fibers.
- Origin: Sweden
- 60% merino wool 20µ, 40% lyocell Tencel®
- Weight: 360 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia and South Africa
- Lyocell Tencel® from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- Wool and cellulosic based renewable fibers
- Moisture wicking
- Great next-to-skin comfort
- Naturally odor resistant
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Biodegradable label means that the natural fibers in our products are never mixed with synthetics, and we don’t use harmful chemicals. Therefore, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Renewable label means that the fibers in the garment comes from 100% renewable sources, like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
- Houdini M's Drop Knee Power TightsAs low as €100.00
- Houdini W's Cosmo TopAs low as €90.00
- Houdini W's Desoli CrewAs low as €100.00
- Houdini W's Up JacketAs low as €270.00
- Houdini W's Wadi PantsAs low as €130.00
- Houdini M's Outright JacketAs low as €180.00
- Houdini W's DeSoli T-ShirtAs low as €85.00
- Houdini M's Tree T-shirtAs low as €50.00