Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's Airy Jacket
- PFC's Free DWR
PFC's free Durable Water Repellent
What it means?
PFC free means that clothes do not contain perfluorocarbons, or PFCs for short. PFC are exceptionally good at repelling water, dirt and oil. As a result, they became widely used in durable water repellent (DWR) treatments for outdoor clothing and equipment.
Type of fabric
PFC's free fabrics can be achieved combining diverse technologies and materials
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
The ultra light Airy Jacket is designed for high intensity activities, perfect for running, biking or any type of outdoor training. The light, highly breathable fabric is wind- and water resistant and it has a stow pocket at the back.
Houdini M's Airy Jacket is made in C9 Ripstop, an incredibly light, durable and highly breathable fabric that will shelter you from unexpected weather but never weight you down. The garment is highly packable, so you can easily stow it in your backpack if you don’t know what weather to expect when you’re heading out in the morning.
This product is made from 70% recycled fibers and is fully recyclable. We kindly ask you to return it to us when it’s completely worn out. We have recycle units in all our own stores and many retailers.
- Regular fit
- Made to move construction
- High breathability
- Quick drying
- Highly packable
- Wind and water resistant
- Back pocket for valuables and stowing
- Made from recycled and recyclable fibers
- Weight 140 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: C9 Ripstop™
Ultralight yet durable woven fabric with fantastic breathability and next-to-skin comfort.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% Eco Circle® recycled polyester, 30% polyester
- Weight: 65 g/sqm
- Excellent air permeability
- Soft next-to-skin comfort
- Dull and silent surface
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
Base layers, everyday garments and fleece made of synthetic fabrics
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don't want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materials||PFC's Free DWR, Recycled Polyester|
|Activity||Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Snowboarding|
- Houdini M's Leeward JacketAs low as €500.00
- Houdini W's Power JacketAs low as €190.00
- Houdini W's Daybreak PulloverAs low as €170.00
- Houdini M's Mix Wind ShortsAs low as €70.00
- Houdini W's Drop Knee Power TightsAs low as €100.00
- Houdini Dynamic BeanieAs low as €35.00
- Houdini M's Daybreak PantsAs low as €180.00
- Houdini M's Enfold JacketAs low as €250.00