Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini Hut Beanie
NameGlobal Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- Environment and Health
- 3rd Party Audited
Issued ByGlobal Standard
TypeB2C Independent Endorsement / Multi-Stakeholder Initiative
Applicable ToOrganic Textiles and accessories
PurposeThe GOTS label indicates that full and majority organic textile products do not contain harmful chemicals, were produced responsibly and under fair working conditions.
Natural Animal Fibre
Keep your ears warm in style. Houdini Hut Beanie is a made in pure lambswool. Soft, warm and completely natural. This timeless wool hat will make your winter days more enjoyable for many years ahead.
Houdini Hut Beanie is made in pure lambswool 19,5µm. To ensure a completely circular product, we never mix wool and synthetic fibers. Pure wool is both recyclable and biodegradable. The raw material can go back in to the natural cycle and become nutrients for something else to grow. Nothing goes to waste.
If you are looking for a cozy wool hat to keep you warm all winter, this is your match. The pure lambswool will keep you comfortable on you daily commute or any winter adventure.
- Made from 100% lambswool 19,5µm
- Warm, soft and cozy
- Mulesing free
- Recyclable and biodegradable
- Weight 62 g
Fabrics and Technology
Natural organic fiber that provides a soft and warm feeling. Mulesing free merino wool from Australia, refined and knitted in Sweden.
- Origin: Sweden
- 100% lambswool, Australia
- ÖKO tex 100 certified
- GOTS certified
- 19,5 Micron
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Biodegradable label means that the natural fibers in our products are never mixed with synthetics, and we don’t use harmful chemicals. Therefore, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Renewable label means that the fibers in the garment comes from 100% renewable sources, like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Labels & Certifications||Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)|
|Activity||Biking, Casual, Trekking|
|Size chart||One size.|