- HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Getaria, Spain
- STORAGE LOCATION: Getaria, Spain
HISTORY & PHILOSOPHY
We are a company based in the Basque country that creates 100% sustainable and exclusive surfskates, longboards, balance boards and cruisers for surf training.
Abian is a project that was born in early 2017 to fulfill the dream of two people in love with surfing and nature. We design and create unique pieces that are unlike any other board in the surf, skate and balance industry.
Our respect for nature and environmental awareness makes us to create organic products. The materials that we use are high quality and carefully selected to not harm the planet. We try to use the minimum resources and surpluses possible. Using recycled materials for packaging and documentation.
We love to develop new ideas and new challenges and this makes us to grow more every day. Closeness is one of our fundamental values, therefore, we seek the satisfaction and happiness of our clients.
The reliability of our boards is largely due to our extensive experience working with wood. It all started in 2006 when we created our first Paulownia surfboards.
After several years of work and development, we can say that we create original and reliable products.
We design surfskates, cruisers, longboards, minilongs and balance boards.
We design all the boards in our Getaria workshop and they are all handmade.
We select the birch wood sheets that we are going to use to create the boards.
We design the visible part of the table with different woods or materials, cut them to size and carefully join them to form a sheet that we will later add to the previously selected birch ones.
When all the sheets are ready and we know the model we want to make, we glue them with a roller and put it in the press for hours, afterwards letting it air dry for 24 hours.
After a while, using a template, we draw it, cut, mill, and sand to a finish that is pleasant to the touch.
We protect the table with a waterproof varnish and add natural sandpaper to prevent it from slipping on it, repeatedly at intervals of 8 hours we will repeat the operation but this time with a three-component varnish that will reinforce and thicken the table until the desired termination.
CARING & REPAIRING
Our boards do not need a different care than the rest of the boards on the market. We simply recommend cleaning them with a damp brush and drying them properly.
And we do not recommend using them in rain or on wet floors due to damage to the bearings.
For Paulownia surfboard clients it is recommended to hydrate them with linseed oil several times a year and not leave them in the sun.
- Bio Resin
Labels & Certifications
- Abian 9cm Ø Balance Roller€40.00
- Abian Bakio 19" Minilong€150.00
- Abian Baiona 39" 180mm Longboard€275.00
- Abian Sorginetxe 28" Surfskate€270.00
- Abian Sopela 31" SurfSkate€195.00
- Abian 14cm Ø Balance Roller€45.00
- Abian Laga 19" Minilong€150.00
- Abian Itzurun 24" Cruiser€180.00
- Abian Zurriola 31" Surfskate€235.00
- Abian Holder Balance Board€40.00
- Abian Salinas 27" Surfskate€190.00
- Abian Pasaia 28" Surfskate€265.00
- Abian Mundaka 30" Surfskate€280.00
- Abian Itsaso 19" Minilong€150.00
- Abian Gaztetape 24" Cruiser€195.00
- Abian Technic Trucks€90.00
- Abian Biarritz 30" Surfskate€275.00
- Abian Angelu 32" Surfskate€295.00
- Abian Bearings + Wheels€55.00
- Abian Wheels€40.00
- Abian Sokoa 30" Surfskate€235.00
- Abian Zarautz 31" Surfskate€295.00
- Abian "T" Key€8.00
- Abian Getaria 31" Surfskate€275.00
- Abian Bordele 39" 180m Longboard€275.00
- Abian Bidart 29" Surfskate€270.00
- Abian Larrun 32" Surfskate€280.00