- HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Getaria, Spain
- STORAGE LOCATION: Getaria, Spain
HISTORY & PHILOSOPHY
We are a company based in the Basque country that creates 100% sustainable and exclusive surfskates, longboards, balance boards and cruisers for surf training.
Abian is a project that was born in early 2017 to fulfill the dream of two people in love with surfing and nature. We design and create unique pieces that are unlike any other board in the surf, skate and balance industry.
Our respect for nature and environmental awareness makes us to create organic products. The materials that we use are high quality and carefully selected to not harm the planet. We try to use the minimum resources and surpluses possible. Using recycled materials for packaging and documentation.
We love to develop new ideas and new challenges and this makes us to grow more every day. Closeness is one of our fundamental values, therefore, we seek the satisfaction and happiness of our clients.
The reliability of our boards is largely due to our extensive experience working with wood. It all started in 2006 when we created our first Paulownia surfboards.
After several years of work and development, we can say that we create original and reliable products.
We design surfskates, cruisers, longboards, minilongs and balance boards.
We design all the boards in our Getaria workshop and they are all handmade.
We select the birch wood sheets that we are going to use to create the boards.
We design the visible part of the table with different woods or materials, cut them to size and carefully join them to form a sheet that we will later add to the previously selected birch ones.
When all the sheets are ready and we know the model we want to make, we glue them with a roller and put it in the press for hours, afterwards letting it air dry for 24 hours.
After a while, using a template, we draw it, cut, mill, and sand to a finish that is pleasant to the touch.
We protect the table with a waterproof varnish and add natural sandpaper to prevent it from slipping on it, repeatedly at intervals of 8 hours we will repeat the operation but this time with a three-component varnish that will reinforce and thicken the table until the desired termination.
CARING & REPAIRING
Our boards do not need a different care than the rest of the boards on the market. We simply recommend cleaning them with a damp brush and drying them properly.
And we do not recommend using them in rain or on wet floors due to damage to the bearings.
For Paulownia surfboard clients it is recommended to hydrate them with linseed oil several times a year and not leave them in the sun.
- Bio Resin
Labels & Certifications
- Wheels Abian€40.00
- Surfskate Zurriola 31"€235.00
- Surfskate Zarautz 31"€295.00
- Surfskate Sorginetxe 28"€270.00
- Balance Board Holder€40.00
- Surfskate Sopela 21"€195.00
- Surfskate Sokoa 30"€235.00
- Surfskate Salinas 27"€190.00
- Roller 9Cm Ø€40.00
- Roller 14Cm Ø€45.00
- Surfskate Pasaia 28"€265.00
- Pack Abian (Trucks + Wheels)€135.00
- Balance Board Oreka Big Roller€145.00
- Balance Board Oreka Small Roller€140.00
- Surfskate Mundaka 30"€280.00
- T Key€8.00
- Surfskate Larrun 32"€280.00
- Minilong Laga 19"€150.00
- Cruiser Itzurun 24"€180.00
- Minilong Itsaso 19"€150.00
- Surfskate Getaria 31"€275.00
- Cruiser Gaztetape 24"€195.00
- Trucks Technic€90.00
- Longboard Bordele 39" 180 mm€275.00
- Surfskate Bidart 29"€270.00
- Surfskate Biarritz 30"€275.00
- Minilong Bakio 19"€150.00
- Surfskate Angelu 32"€295.00