Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's D Jacket
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
You can never go wrong with Houdini W's D Jacket. It’s our most versatile waterproof and breathable jacket. Wear it for skiing or mountaineering, hiking, kayaking or any activity where you need full weather protection and unhindered freedom of movement.
When the design department at Houdini started sketching Houdini W's D Jacket, they wanted to make the ultimate “workhorse” shell jacket. Something robust enough for skiing and mountaineering, but still light and agile enough to work all year around for any type of activity. The solution was to combine a Made to Move construction with the light and durable Apex 3-layer Hardshell.
Apex 3L Hardshell is a fully waterproof and breathable shell fabric made in recycled polyester. It’s also fully recyclable, making D Jacket recyclable at the level of a soda bottle. The membrane in the jacket is our well tested Atmos, a hydrophilic membrane completely free from harmful fluorocarbons. Both in the membrane and the water repellent.
D Jacket has armpit ventilation zips, helmet compatible hood, and a removable snow gaiter. Two side pockets, a chest pocket as well as internal chest pockets will keep your belongings in place.
If you are looking for a year around do-it-all shell jacket, we can highly recommend D Jacket. It will accompany you on everything from ski touring to kayaking for many years to come. When it’s finally worn out we kindly ask you to return it to us for recycling. We have recycle units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
- Regular fit
- Waterproof & breathable
- Fully sealed seamed
- Made to Move, enabling freedom of movement
- Water repellent zips
- Hand-, chest- and internal pockets
- Helmet-compatible hood
- Backpack compatible ventilation under arm
- Velcro closure on sleeves
- Adjustment in bottom hem
- Removable snow gaiter
- Circular (recycled and recyclable)
- Fluorocarbon free (membrane and DWR)
- Weight 710 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Apex 3L Hardshell™
High density woven fabric with a smooth, abrasion resistant face and an ultra light friction free inside. Waterproof, breathable, with good abrasion resistance.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% Eco Circle® recycled polyester, 30% polyester face fabric
- Atmos™, 100% polyester membrane
- 100% polyester jersey backing fabric
- Weight: 195 g/sqm
- Breathability; 15,000 g/m2/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
Shell jackets with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materialien||PFCs Frei DWR, Recyceltes Polyester|