Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Come Along Jacket
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Nylon
Synthetic / Patented and/or Trade Marked
Yes, but with quality issues
If you can bring a small orange or a power bar, you can bring this shell jacket. The Houdini W's Come Along Jacket is an ultra light, yet incredibly strong, minimalistic shell jacket. It’s windproof, water resistant and takes up barely no space or weight in your bag.
Let’s be frank, most of the time you don’t need a shell jacket. But when rough weather comes in unexpectedly, it’s nice to have a shell near at hand, and that’s the whole idea behind the Women's Come Along Jacket. It’s so light and packable that you can bring it with you all the time, and it will act as an invisible shield when a rush of wind or surprise shower hits you.
The Women's Come Along Jacket is made from ultra strong recycled nylon and designed using our Made to Move concept, a new way of constructing garments that will provide you with full freedom of movement. This makes the jacket excellent for climbing, mountain biking or other activities where low weight and freedom of movement are key. The jacket has pre-bent sleeves with thumbholes for a bit of extra protection and to keep the sleeves in place.
The Come Along Jacket is an updated version of a design partnership with Hanna Restorp, a big wall climber and Houdini Friend. Regardless of if you wear it hundreds of meters above the ground, or just on your bike commute, you will benefit from the lightweight and superior packability.
- Ultra lightweight
- Water resistant
- Fluorocarbon free DWR
- Helmet compatible hood
- Single hand adjustment hood
- Designed using Made To Move
- Adjustment cord in bottom hem
- Made from recycled nylon
- Weight women's medium: 100 g
- Fabric produced in Japan
- Garment produced in Estonia
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Rise Ripstop™
Durable ripstop fabric with soft touch. Water repellent, highly wind resistant, ultralight and stowable.
- Origin: Japan
- 100% recycled polyamide
- Material from Pertex®
- Weight: 37g/sqm
- Highly wind resistant
- Ultra light
- Ripstop construction
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-Free
- Bluesign® certified
Base layers, everyday garments and fleece made of synthetic fabrics
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
|Materialien||PFCs Frei DWR, Recyceltes Nylon|
|Labels & Zertifizierungen||Bluesign|