Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini W's Add-in Jacket
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- PFC's Free DWR
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Upgrade your layering game with this multifunctional insulation garment. Houdini W's Add-in Jacket is padded with light, fluffy and supple Primaloft® Gold Active+. Layer it underneath your favorite winter coat for a wonderful heat boost, or wear it on its own as a lighter winter jacket.
All Houdini garments are designed as wearable multi-tools. The minimalist insulation jacket has a great range of usage. As the name suggests, we believe it’s the perfect jacket to boost your favorite winter coat but you can also wear it on its own as a cozy thermal jacket after a cold climbing or surf session. Add-in Jacket is specifically designed to fit comfortably underneath our long shell jacket One Parka.
Houdini W's Add-in Jacket is made in our well tested C9 Ripstop™ and padded with Primaloft® Gold Active +. C9 Ripstop™ is a light and soft fabric with excellent air permeability and great next-to-skin-touch. Primaloft® Gold Active+ is a cutting edge synthetic padding: High warmth, low weight, highly packable and made from 55% recycled fibers. Underneath the clean surface of Add-in Jacket, there is a lot of technology that creates excellent comfort.
It’s quite simple. If you are tired of being cold in winter, Add-in Jacket is your garment. Layer it under your coat in the winter or over your favorite sweater on a chilly autumn day and feel the heat spread through your body.
This garment is fully recyclable and we kindly ask you to return it to us when it’s completely worn out. This way we can take care of the raw materials and make new garments. Nothing goes to waste!
- Regular fit
- Padded with Primaloft® Gold Active+
- Primaloft 80g in body, 60g in sleeves
- Warm without bulk
- Highly packable
- Excellent breathability
- Side pockets and inner chest pocket
- Wear it as insulation or outer garment
- Great combination with Houdini One Parka
- Made from recycled fibers
- Fully recyclable
- Weight 420 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: C9 Ripstop™
Ultralight yet durable woven fabric with fantastic breathability and next-to-skin comfort.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% Eco Circle® recycled polyester, 30% polyester
- Weight: 65 g/sqm
- Excellent air permeability
- Soft next-to-skin comfort
- Dull and silent surface
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
Padding: PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Active +
A highly water repellant, durable and quick drying alternative to down. Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Origin: China
- 55% recycled polyester, 45% polyester
- Weight: 40 g/sqm, 60 g/sqm, 80 g/sqm
- Excellent warmth to weight-ratio
- Soft and compressible
- Highly water resistant
- Migration resistant
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
- Bluesign® certified
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Iron on low heat.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Materialien||PFCs Frei DWR, Recyceltes Polyester|
|Labels & Zertifizierungen||Bluesign|