Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's Power Air Crew Pullover
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Meet the new generation of low-shedding fleece garments. Houdini M's Power Air Crew Pullover is a light and warm insulation garment featuring a completely new fabric construction that traps air in little pockets that will keep you warm without ever weighing you down. The insulation power makes it a perfect layering garment for cold weather and winter sports like skiing or ice skating. In the summer, it’s highly suitable for climbing, hiking or any other outdoor adventure.
Houdini M's Power Air Crew Pullover is the result of an innovation project by Houdini and Polartec®. We set out to solve the problem of microfiber shedding from synthetic fleece garments. Power Air is a fabric that feature a completely new construction. Instead of the traditional fleece where the fibers are exposed, the fibers that trap the air are encapsulated in small pockets seamlessly knitted into the fabric. The result is a light and warm fabric that shed up to five times less fibers compared to the best fleece garments on the market. The fabric is made from 54% recycled polyester which means that it not only prevents plastic waste but is actually built from used plastics.
If you are looking for a light, warm and cozy performance mid-layer, this is your match. Wear it all year around for any kind of activity.
- Regular fit
- Made with Polartec® Power Air
- Excellent warmth-to-weight ratio
- Sheds 5 times less fibers than regular high quality fleece
- Highly breathable
- Bluesign® certified fabric
- Made from 54% recycled polyester
- Weight: 440 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Polartec® Power Air
A completely new fabric construction where fibers that trap warm air is encapsulated in small pockets. This creates a wonderfully warm and breathable fleece jacket that shed a fraction of the microplastics compared to a normal fleece.
- Origin: USA
- Weight: 356g/sqm
- 54% recycled polyester 38% polyester 8% elastane
- Bluesign® certified
- Insulating air capsulating technology
- 4-way stretch
- Sheds less fibers
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
- Do not iron.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
|Labels & Zertifizierungen||Bluesign|