Houdini M's Pitch Jacket
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Baseball Primaloft padded jacket in C9 Ripstop. Can be used as a zip in padding in Houdini Sherlock Coat. The outer and inner material in C9 Ripstop™ makes the jacket highly breathable, while the insulation material 40 g of PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Active+ will keep you warm.
The Houdini M's Pitch Jacket is more wind resistant then a regular fleece jacket. The jacket is light, warm and supple. Wear it under a shell on cold days on the ski slopes, or as an outer garment in the autumn and winter. Slightly longer fit.
- 40g padding in PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Active+
- DWR-treated surface, PFOA-free
- Exceptional breathability and next-to-skin comfort
- Layering friendly cut
- Zip-in compatible with Houdini Marple Coat
- 2-way front-zip
- Zipped side pockets
- Zipeed inside pocket
- Made primarily from recycled fiber
- Made in Latvia
Fabrics and Technology
Ultralight yet durable woven fabric with fantastic breathability and next-to-skin comfort.
- Origin: Japan
- 100% Eco Circle® recycled Polyester
- Bluesign® certified
- Weight: 65 g/sqm
- Excellent air permeability
- Soft next-to-skin comfort
- Dull and silent surface
- DWR finish
- PFOA free
Our padded garments are made with synthetic insulation from Primaloft. There are many advantages to a synthetic padding compared to down: You don’t have to tumble dry the garment with balls to regain the shape, it dries faster and it doesn’t smell when it’s damp.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Labels & Zertifizierungen||Bluesign|