Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's Mono Air Crew
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Houdini M's Mono Air Crew is a big innovation towards a world without waste. It’s made in a light, smooth fleece fabric that is constructed in a way that sheds up to 80% less microfibers compared to conventional high quality fleece. The lofty fibers that trap heat are knitted into pockets of air that prevents fibers from leaking out during wash or use. Houdini M's Mono Air Crew does not only prevent plastic waste. It is made from recycled polyester waste and can be recycled again at the end of its lifetime. Textiles is a highly wasteful industry, but this is a great step towards a zero waste system.
The fabric is called Power Air Light and made in USA by Polartec®. It’s light, stretchy and has a great warmth-to-weight ratio. Mono Air Crew is a highly functional garment that can be used as an insulation garment for skiing, climbing, hiking or any other outdoor adventure. The garment has a regular, timeless fit and will last for many years.
If you are looking for a light, functional fleece crew this is your match. With Houdini M's Mono Air Crew in your backpack, you can stay warm and contribute to the transformation of the outdoor industry at the same time.
Please don’t throw away this garment when it’s worn out. Houdini M's Mono Air Crew is made from recycled and recyclable fibers. The raw materials are valuable and can be used again. Bring it back to a Houdini shop or one of our retailers that has a Houdini recycling unit.
- Regular fit
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio
- 4-way stretch
- Sheds 80% less microfibers compared to conventional fleece
- Made from recycled and recyclable fibers
- Bluesign® certified fabric
- Weight men's large: 388 g
- Fabric produced in USA
- Garment produced in Latvia
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Polartec® Power Air Light
A new light fabric construction where fibers that trap warm air is encapsulated in small pockets. This creates a wonderfully warm and breathable fleece jacket that shed a fraction of the microplastic compared to a normal fleece. Light, durable and warming.
- Origin: USA
- Weight: 268 g/sqm
- 73% recycled polyester, 27% elastrelle-polyester
- 4-way stretch
- Insulating air capsulating technology
- Bluesign® certified
Although this garment is designed to prevent micro fiber shedding, using a washing bag is still not a bad idea. A washing bag prevents unnecessary friction with other garments and protects more delicate garments.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
- Do not iron.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
|Labels & Zertifizierungen||Bluesign|