Houdini M's Leeward Jacket
- Environment and Health
Bluesign Technologies AG
Product Quality Seal
Textile & Materials
Guarantees the absence of harmful chemicals and processes that can damage people and the environment.
- Recycled Polyester
Yes, but with quality issues
Houdini's role is to be a counterweight to fast fashion and consumption culture. We always aim to design products that last for as long as possible. Timeless looks, robust and repairable design features and long lasting materials. Leeward Jacket is designed to be used all four seasons of the year. It’s sturdy enough for skiing, but still light enough for hiking in the summer. If you are looking for a shell jacket to use for many years, and probably pass on to your children, this is the one.
Houdini M's Leeward Jacket is made in Loop Hardshell™, a waterproof and breathable shell fabric constructed with high density fibers for superior durability. If you compare it to other fabrics with similar durability, it’s amazingly light. It’s completely recyclable and made from 70% recycled fibers. Our Made to Move design concept provides full freedom of movement. The jacket has a helmet compatible hood and pit zip vents. It’s fully seam sealed and all the zippers are water repellent.
Leeward Jacket is a real workhorse, and if you’re looking for a shell that works all seasons for any adventure, this is your choice.
When you eventually wear out Leeward Jacket (we might have flying cars by then) please bring it back to us for recycling. The raw material can be used for new products. We have recycling units at all our own stores and at many retailers
- Regular fit
- Wind- and waterproof
- Designed with our Made to Move concept
- Fluorocarbon free water repellent
- Taped seams and water repellent zippers
- Adjustable, helmet compatible hood
- Pit zip ventilation
- Velcro closure on sleeves
- 2 inside pockets and 2 hand pockets
- Adjustment at bottom hem
- Made from 70% recycled fibers
- Bluesign® certified
- Made in Estonia
- Weight 520 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Loop Hardshell™
A durable fabric with mechanical stretch for high comfort. Tough and silent with a dull and smooth face. Waterproof, breathable, ripstop construction with good abrasion resistance.
- Origin: Japan
- 70% recycled polyester, 30% polyester face fabric
- Atmos™, 100% Polyester membrane
- 100% polyester jersey backing fabric
- Weight: 169g/sqm
- Breathability; 20,000 g/m2/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- High density fibers for high durability
- Mechanical 2-way stretch
- DWR finish, Fluorocarbon-Free
- Bluesign® certified
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
Shell jackets with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.
The Bluesign® Label means that the production is vetted by a third party to eliminate any harmful chemicals or substances right from the beginning of the production process. This benefits both people, animals and our entire planet.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Recycled label means that this garment contains at least 50% recycled fibers (often more, see product description). The source is either recycled clothes or other sources like PET bottles. We mainly use recycled polyester, which has many benefits. It reduces both CO2 emissions and water use compared to virgin polyester. How much depends on the type of recycling. One of our suppliers show 32% less CO2 emissions and 94% less water use for mechanically recycled polyester. Besides the production impact, the major shift is using "waste" as raw material instead of crude oil.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Labels & Zertifizierungen||Bluesign|