Houdini M's Lana Jacket
Natural Animal Fibre
Houdini M's Lana Jacket is made in Wool Shell™ - a light, densely woven 100% merino wool fabric. No synthetic blends. No plastic coating. Just the pure performance of nature itself. Thanks to the natural fat in wool, lanolin, Houdini M's Lana Jacket becomes water resistant without adding any chemicals. The density of the weave makes the garment highly wind resistant but still very breathable.
It’s not only the performance that differs Lana from a conventional shell. It’s how it feels to wear it. Wool has a way of adapting to your body that synthetics can’t match. The shape follows your every movement. It’s silent. You can feel the natural touch of the material. Being in the outdoors is an experience for all senses. To hear the sounds. To feel the changes in the weather. With Lana, you will be a part of nature. Nothing will break the spell.
Houdini M's Lana Jacket is designed with our Made to Move technique. This means that the garment is draped directly on a body in active positions, instead of the traditional flatbed garment construction. The result is a garment that will give you full freedom of movement.
Houdini M's Lana Jacket is completely circular. Wool is a renewable material and when it’s not blended with synthetics, it’s both recyclable and biodegradable. When your Houdini M's Lana Jacket is completely worn out, it can be returned in the recycling units we have in all Houdini stores and at many of our retailers.
Houdini M's Lana Jacket is a natural alternative to conventional shell garments. The progressive material and minimalistic design work for skiing, hiking or just about any adventure all year around.
- Regular fit.
- Made in 100% merino wool.
- Naturally wind- and water resistant.
- Soft and silent.
- Highly breathable.
- 2-way front zip.
- Hand and inner chest pockets.
- Circular: Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers.
- Designed with Made to Move.
- Made in Estonia.
- Weight 660g .
Fabrics and Technology
100% super fine merino wool in a durable woven construction. This fabric offers something beyond an ordinary shell layer.
- Origin: China
- 100% super fine merino wool, 16µm
- Weight: 245g/sqm
- Mulesing free wool from Australia
- Durable woven construction
- Wind resistant by construction
- Made from renewable and biodegradable finbers
Shell garment in wool - Lana
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Biodegradable label means that the natural fibers in our products are never mixed with synthetics, and we don’t use harmful chemicals. Therefore, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Renewable label means that the fibers in the garment comes from 100% renewable sources, like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.