Join us and get your 10% discount!
Houdini M's Activist Turtleneck
Natural Animal Fibre
Houdini M's Activist Turtleneck is the perfect everyday base garment for any active person. Designed for maximal versatility and comfort, this garment is almost never wrong. The warm and cozy merino wool and Tencel blend works perfectly for skiing, ice skating or any other winter sport but it’s still light enough to not overheat you in the summer. Wool has a way of adapting to your body temperature that few other materials can match.
The fabric is made from 60% super fine 19,3µm merino wool and 40% Tencel™ Lyocell. Tencel is a sleek and soft fiber that gives the merino wool a great texture and better moisture management. Wool provides a comfortable warmth and is naturally odor resistant. The Activist fabric is made from all natural fibers and is therefore completely biodegradable as well as recyclable.
If you are looking for a multifaceted base garment to wear for big adventures and everyday life, Houdini M's Activist Turtleneck is a great match.
Please don’t throw away this garment when it’s worn out. Wander Tights are made from renewable and biodegradable fibers. The raw materials are valuable and can be used again through recycling or composting. Bring it back to a Houdini shop or one of our retailers that has a Houdini recycling unit.
- Slim fit
- Light and soft
- Moisture wicking
- Naturally odor resistant
- Made in merino wool 19,3µm and Tencel®
- Mulesing free, traceable wool from Australia
- EU Ecolabel certified Tencel
- Renewable and biodegradable fibres
- Weight: 242 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Activist TreeMerino™
Optimal organic solution for the future. Softer than plain merino and with effective moisture management.
- Origin: Sweden
- 60% merino wool 19,3µ, 40% lyocell Tencel®
- Weight: 170 g/sqm
- Mulesing free and traceable merino wool from Australia, lyocell Tencel® from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- AME traceable program
- Nature Texx Plasma treated for easy care with less chemicals
- Softer than plain merino
- Vapor and moisture
- Next-to-skin comfort
- Light and soft material
- Naturally odor free
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.
The Circular label means that this product is made either from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear lifecycle, where earth's resources are extracted, used and then discarded. This is not working in the long run and comes at a great environmental impact. Instead, we want to close the loop and reuse the material we already have. But we need your help. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us through the recycling units we have in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Biodegradable label means that the natural fibers in our products are never mixed with synthetics, and we don’t use harmful chemicals. Therefore, you can put the fabric in a compost and nature will transform the fabric into fertile soil. Trimmings like care labels, zippers, seams etc have to be removed and can often be recycled separately. If you don't have your own compost, you can return the worn out garment to us. We have recycling units in all our own stores and at many retailers.
The Renewable label means that the fibers in the garment comes from 100% renewable sources, like wool or cellulose. We only use natural fibers that are produced in environmentally and ethically responsible sources. We use both natural and synthetic fibers, they both have their merits, but we never mix them to ensure a circular product. This means that the fabrics from all our products in natural fibers are fully biodegradable.
The Recyclable label means that the raw material in this product can be used for new products, instead of becoming waste. Our goal is that by 2030, we will take no raw material to our products from the earth's crust. Circular products, made from reycled and recyclable materials are a real game changer, but we need your help for the system to work. When your Houdini garments are completely worn out, please return them to us. We have recycle units in all of our own stores and at many retailers.
|Aktivität||Wandern, Schifahren, Snowboarden|